- Related Products
MyOpenWaterSwim, everything you need for your open-water swim.
Zone3 – Vanquish Wetsuit – Men’s *
Triathlete Magazine USA: Best in Class 2017
220 Triathlon: Best on Test, 94% Rating. 2017
Triathlete Plus: Gold Award – 5/5 Rating. 2017
220 Triathlon: Best Value – 2018.
What makes this product different:
- Proclaimed as Zone3’s best ever wetsuit with unbeatable performance.
- Designed to feel like you’re not wearing a wetsuit. New panel layout to ensure even better body contouring and fit.
- Unparalleled flexibility through the shoulders, arms, chest and back with a full-span 1.5mm Yamamoto #40 SCS neoprene.
- New ultra-thin 0.3mm BRS SCS material on arms for lighter weight and reduced arm fatigue.
- Incredibly flexible and buoyant. Super fast and smooth in the water.
- Panel design, materials and innovative features result in an incredible swim which doesn’t compare to any other wetsuit on the market.
- Plethora of design awards based on performance, comfort, innovation and price.
- Every suit comes with an exclusive Vanquish Dry Bag.
The Vanquish truly shows the laser precision and innovation which goes into the Zone3 product range.
The Vanquish has built the reputation as the fastest and most comfortable wetsuit on the market and has been used and loved by thousands of amateur triathletes and swimmers as well as some of the best athletes in the world.Ironman distance athletes, such as Tim Don, love the suit for its high levels of comfort and flexibility around the shoulders and Sprint/Olympic distance athletes such as Jake Birtwhistle for its speed and mega-buoyancy.
The largest triathlon magazine in the USA, TriathleteTM, reviewing the new Vanquish and awarding it the ‘BEST IN CLASS’ award, followed by the ‘Best on Test’ award from UK based 220 Triathlon in 2017. Triathlon Plus magazine stated the suit was ‘as close to perfection as you can get with a wetsuit and there really is nothing to fault’. With two of the top awards in the world it’s easy to see why so many athletes have made the switch to the Vanquish to help get their performance to the next level.
In addition, the response from the top coaches who have tested the wetsuit has been overwhelming; with many agreeing that the Vanquish takes performance and comfort to new levels and is incredibly fast.
So much thought, design and testing has gone into our flagship product that it’s hard to know where to start when listing the features. You will find a wealth of information below.
Pursuing perfect and key design points:
The suit is designed to make sure the shoulder, arms, upper back and latissimus dorsihave as much flexibility as possible. This is combined with some of the world’s most buoyant materials around the quads, hips and glutes. This is how it’s been achieved:
- Our highly praised ultra thin one-piece shoulder panel has now been extended from the middle of the chest to the centre of the back. You can see a flat-plan drawing of this panel to show you how much unrestricted flexibility the suit offers around the arms and shoulders.This panel is only 1.5mm thick and made with Yamamoto’s premium #40 SCS which is one of the lightest and highest stretch materials available
The extension of this area combined with the lack of seams make the suit extremely comfortable, allows for improved chest expansion and enables a higher elbow position in the water. As soon as you put this suit on you can really feel the difference. Ref# 1.
This is now combined with an innovative new ultra-thin 0.3mm Yamamoto BRS SCS material on the arm sleeves. This is the world’s thinnest SCS neoprene and reduces the weight and buoyancy of the arms. This allows a quicker stroke recovery after the catch phase and reduces arm fatigue during the swim, perfect for swims of 1.5km or more. Ref# 2.
The focus on ensuring maximum flexibility means you can increase your distance per stroke, conserve energy and minimise the risk of shoulder injuries.
- We have extended the area of this same high stretch fabric across the shoulder blades and from under the forearm down to the hip. This is the 2mm #39 Gunmetal SCS used under the arms you can see in our product photos. This material is very soft and is also highly flexible but at the same times helps to maintain the structure of the suit over an extended period of time. The panel design really helps to maximise the propulsion you can achieve with each stroke and ensures a fluid roll with each arm pull. Ref# 4.
- New chest panel design continues the focused hip and core buoyancy up through the torso to the centre of the chest with 5mm Yamamoto Aerodome. This acts like a roll-bar to help promote the essential torso rotation between each stroke, aids in course sighting during the swim navigation and keeps up core body warmth. Ref #5
- The hip and core areas are made up from a combination of three different materials, each with a thickness of 5mm which is the maximum allowed under ITU rules. These panels are:
- NBR construction side panels designed to work in unison with the front leg panels. NBR is a super buoyant material which is commonly used in life jackets. This material is sandwiched between two layers of neoprene to ensure maximum lift in the water. Ref #6
- Aerodome materials used on the front legs from the hips to the knees to help support the core leg muscles. This material is designed with air bubbles built between the fabric layers to make it lighter and more buoyant, producing up to 30% more buoyancy than conventional neoprene. Ref #7
- 39 cell SCS neoprene used on the glutes, again with a 5mm thickness.
- Full use of Yamamoto fabrics designed to ensure superb all-over body flexibility,comfort and performance.Zone3 work on new developments with Yamamoto as a chosen supplier because the neoprene offers fantastic performance features including:
- Speed: The aqua dynamic ‘SCS’ Nanocoating applied to the neoprene creates almostzero drag through the water. A drag coefficient of just 0.021 compared with 4.0 for regular neoprene wetsuits. The SCS coating also prevents the suit from absorbing water, therefore avoiding excess weight in the wetsuit.
- Flexibility: A massive 480-580% in elongation, compared with human skin (under arm) which is just 60-70%. Superior flexibility and comfort with an expansion of 7x conventional wetsuit materials.
- Buoyancy: Derived from limestone rather than oil which offers a 23% higher closed-cell structure. This significantly increasing the buoyancy levels for the swimmer.
- Warmth: High heat retention: Keeping the body warmer in colder waters to help reduce body fatigue and improve performance.
- Eco: The neoprene is also derived from limestone opposed to petroleum which is more environmentally friendly.
- Ultra-thin laser bonded neck panel: Comfort is further maximised with our innovative new 1.5mm moulded collar which is so soft and light you’ll be questioning whether you even have your wetsuit on! It allows a tighter fit on the body without feeling any discomfort around the neck. As soon as you try this unique design you may never want to wear any other wetsuit again.
- Sensory Catch Panel: Aeroforce fabric is used on the forearms to give an improved feeling and catch in the water. Rather than a traditional rubber fabric, the Vanquish uses a double layer of high performance, water repellent Lycra-based fabric. This firstly reduces arm fatigue, as there is not as much buoyancy resistance during the catch phases of the stroke, but also allows the swimmer to improve their efficiency in the water. No water can enter the suit but you will feel the coolness of the water on the forearm panel which helps to align your hand and forearm during the stroke to give more propulsion and also a more natural feeling swim. Ref#3
- Innovative Silk-Fit inner lining used on the body and legs to make the suit feel extremely comfortable next to the skin and also make putting the suit on easier than ever before.
- Our trademark Pro Speed CuffsTM on the arms and the legs for rapid removal after the swim to ensure the quickest transitions, saving you vital time on any course.
- Downwards YKK zipper making the suit easy to put on and take off but also with an upwards breakaway zip design available.
- New contemporary neon colours and detailing for improved looks when being worn.
The Vanquish is something we are extremely passionate and excited about. We put everything we know and love into the design and have leveraged physics to make it the fastest wetsuit possible. It makes use of some of the world’s highest performance materials and combines these with a thoroughly researched panel design to ensure maximum flexibility and balanced buoyancy.
MyOpenWaterSwim, everything you need for your open-water swim.
- Weight: 2 kg
- sizing: zone3-mens-wetsuits
- Gender: Mens
- Type: Wetsuits
- last-years: https://mytriathlon.co.uk/zone3-vanquish-wetsuit-mens-p/
- last-years-label: Previous Version
- womens-version: https://mytriathlon.co.uk/zone3-vanquish-wetsuit-womens-2019/
- womens-version-label: Women's Version
- hire-wetsuit: https://mywetsuithire.co.uk/zone3-2020-vanquish-wetsuit-mens-full-season-hire/
- hire-wetsuit-label: Hire This Suit
- Category: Wetsuit
- Condition: New
- Year: 2021
- newer-version: 7446
- newer-version-label: Newer Model